Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Colonia, Uruguay, June 20/21, 2008

We flew back to Buenos Aires on June 19th and took a ferry that evening to Colonia, Uruguay. It was about one hour by boat. Colonia is a very small, cute colonial style touristy town on the coast with a lot of the same European influence that we saw in Buenos Aires. There is not a lot to do, but it is very cute and relaxing. There is a lot of cool architecture, buildings, cafes with really good food and, of course, great cheap wine! There was a lot of little shops and artisans and some live music in the cafes. It was a great place to end our trip and relax for a few days.



Cool cafe with fun live music and great food










Thank you Maya and Terra for making this such a great trip. You were wonderful traveling companions. It was so nice to share these memories with you. Thanks to Maya for all of the planning and research that you did and for all the great pictures and videos. (I didn't use my camera once on this trip). I miss you both already!



more Colonia pictures

As Maya and Terra left to return to Seattle I continued my journey to Montevideo, Uruguay. I am staying at a school for two weeks where I am taking Spanish classes. I will fly back to Medellin on July 8th where I will be meeting up with my friend Karen for my next exciting adventure.
Stay tuned for more posts!