Friday, September 21, 2007

The Compound (or my apartment complex)

This is where I play after school


Basketball in the jungle?


my driveway....a dangerous place to be (see previous blog about the dangers of walking)


A beautiful sidewalk. I LOVE the streets with sidewalks


This lives in the trees in my complex. I am not sure what it is, but I like it....


How cute is this???


Yes, I live in a gated community and we have a doorman, or a portero as they are called here.


This sculpture tells me what street to turn on when I am walking home....very nice landmark for the directionally challenged.


MMMM! A nice warm cerveza waiting for me on my morning walk


The front gate is a much steeper walk to get to, so I prefer the back entrance....it is also much closer to the corner store where I can buy wine. Muy importante. It is called Proximo. Me gusta Proximo.


Mary is watching over me.


I live on the 7th floor