Saturday, October 4, 2008

butterflies, bars and.....snow!!

So I haven't blogged in a while, well, because I haven't had anything new to share. I've been working, hanging out, pretty much doing the same stuff I was doing last year when I arrived, but it's not new so there's not much to show. But I did see some fun things around town in September.

And the good news is that I am officially on vacation, again. I don't think I have ever had 10 days off in October....so exciting! Leaving tomorrow on a road trip, pictures to come soon!




This is some cool art that was on the street near my house








lizards on the wall
my new roommate... Tina B. from Canada moved out and Christina from Canada moved in and Tina H. from Wisconsin still lives with me.
Are you confused? Me too...



please don't take my picture!

cool tree with the biggest things on them I've ever seen
kind of like gigantic green coconuts

horses in the street are always fun!

It's been raining way too much her for my liking
and if you think that just because I live close to the equator that it is warm here all the time, you are mistaken. It snowed at school! Well, actually it was hail, but it was big and loud and white and really cold! I thought I moved to the tropics, but not so much....
(actually it's really only cold at school because the elevation is so high...cold meaning between 50-60, but I am at school a lot so it's kind of a bummer. At home it's usually 70-80, but it just never seems to stop raining.....